View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
nintendude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: cob

Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11

Re: Best friend vs boyfriend - October 17th 2014, 09:08 PM

so, bumping this, but new problem:

her bf had broken up with her yesterday. he said that this entire thing has made him unable to trust her fully. so she is devastated by that.

she had thoughts of suicide. she started cutting in class. me and her other closest friend were sincerely worried, so i called her parents, expressing our concern.

we usually always talk to each other through skype calls. last night, we talked for a little while, just so i could keep her company and to make sure she was okay. she expressed her emotions, how she blames herself, and that she still loves me. i told her how everything will be fine after this breakup and that suicide is not the answer.

soon, her dad came in the room, asking to look at her arms for her cuts.
then, he took her ipod (where she was skyping from), and told me, verbatim, "get the fuck out of her life". more was said, about how they have not appreciated my relationship with her. he said to never have contact with her again, never hug her, and that they never want any association with me ever again.

at this point i was ready to give up. i had a nervous breakdown after he said all of that. then in the morning, she still secretly messaged me, making it clear to me she would defy her parents' wishes and want to continue being best friends, that she still will not let me leave. she asked me to give her an old iphone so she can message me secretly. we still talked, hugged intensely, cried with each other during school today.

at this point i just dont know anymore, dont know if there is ever hope of being amicable with her parents, being able to stay in touch with her, even the hope of ever being back together. the latter is selfish of me since that should be the last of my concerns.

but both of our top concern is how we both want to continue being the closest friends no matter what. that we would never leave each other regardless of what happens. and we're adamant about that.