View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
12345cb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Casey

Points: 5,573, Level: 11 Points: 5,573, Level: 11 Points: 5,573, Level: 11

Unhappy How do I tell my parents that I think I'm depressed? - November 4th 2014, 03:56 AM

How do I tell my parents that I think I'm depressed?
For the past few years, I believe that I've been suffering from depression. I haven't been diagnosed by a doctor, but anyone else going through depression would probably agree that you can kind of tell when you are. I've also done my research and I have many to almost all of the symptoms that I've read about such as mood swings, over sleeping, decrease in appetite, decrease in mood especially in the late fall/early winter, bone/muscle aches, fatigue, and I get sick or at least feel sick very often. This would probably be my third year of having these feelings now, and they're really starting to affect my life. I've been missing a lot of school, I started smoking and using drugs, I occasionally self harm and it's recently gotten worse, and I've ruined many friendships. My parents know about my drug problem, but haven't confronted me and probably won't. I want to be able to partially explain myself, but I'll never be able to flat out confess to them that use drugs. I just couldn't. I figured if they at least knew what I was going through that they might not be so heartbroken about it and maybe I wouldn't feel as guilty(although I know I'll still feel very guilty). I want to tell them. But how do I? And also a question for parents, how would you feel if your kid told you that they thought they were depressed?
Please, anyone suggest ways. I feel like I'm stuck right now. The one thing I never wanted to do was disappoint my parents, and now I have. Please help me fix it.