View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

re: Difficulties a trans person might face - November 6th 2014, 03:39 AM

I tried to describe difficulties trans people face but I'm not trans myself. If you know of more problems then it would be helpful to have suggestions because I went off of what my transgender roommate told me about and research.
Also I think you're reading it wrong, I was saying trans people can either do hormone replacement therapy or surgery, I wasn't saying hormones precedes it. And I put both under prior to transitioning because they don't occur after.. the decision to do either comes before you transition and they are what causes people to be able to transition.
I can replace transexual as transgender wherever I wrote that. It's a term I'm not always sure which is most appropriate to use. And I will also add in that whether a person decides to take hormones or have surgery is up to them, I thought it already was written in a way that meant these were just options that are problems for trans people, I made sure to say it's not required at the end of the first paragraph.
EDIT: I used the definition I found for transgender rather than the one for transexual so hopefully it's more accurate now.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor