View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Possible social anxiety and parents won't believe me? - December 20th 2014, 03:23 AM

Is there any way to write the guidance counsellor a letter or email? That is what I had to do sometimes to stop myself from backing out. I gave the letter to her personally, but if your guidance counsellor has a secretary, giving the guidance counselor a letter through them is also an option. If you put it in the guidance counsellor's mailbox or send an email, make sure that they actually check these regularly. You don't have to spill everything in the letter if you don't want to, but maybe you can at the very least say you've been having a problem with social anxiety and want to make an appointment. Maybe you can list some times that you are able to come down.

Yeah, the constant thoughts are my issue as well! Definitely keep reassuring yourself when these thoughts come and perhaps find ways to distract yourself to focus on other things?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive