View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
plasticsaint Offline
official dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: George

Points: 5,652, Level: 11 Points: 5,652, Level: 11 Points: 5,652, Level: 11

My girlfriend Lucy - December 21st 2014, 12:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello,

My name is Georgina, and almost a year now I've known this girl named Lucy at my new school. We both got quite close to each other as we both suffer from anxiety and as we both recognised the symptoms in each other we were quick to be each other's help when we were having an anxiety attack. Of course we mostly got close due to our personalities and almost four months ago we started dating and we are in a very happy relationship. But she has a selfdiagnosis of anorexia and, to be honest I really do believe it She used to have it about a year ago but got mostly over it. In the last two months it's been getting worse again. She ocasionally has trouble eating but sometimes she completely flies off the rails and she normally calls me (for comfort I think) but she'll be in tears and I have a very hard time making her feel better when she gets like this. I dont know how to get her to eat and she doesnt want to see a doctor.
Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

I spend a lot of time on forums and reading about how to help best and I definitely never force her to eat and I do do my best to try to get her there on her own but I have no idea how to help her further than that. And I hate that I cant
Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you very much,
- George