(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: My girlfriend Lucy - December 22nd 2014, 04:18 PM

Hey,

You're a really great girlfriend, then, and Nala gave you some great advice. The thing about self diagnosing is not that we're doubting she's anorexic or anything, just that seeking help will open up more options for helping her. It's brilliant that you're helping her- it's really admirable- but there is no substitute for medical advice sometimes. Your girlfriend could be killing herself, with the amount she's eating, and it's something serious that needs attention. You say she's already got a therapist- that's good. It's gonna be less of a step to get help if she's already receiving some form of help. If she's not comfortable actually telling her therapist what's going on, could she write her a note and show her, or something like that?

Although you can't force her to eat, there probably will be a point where it will be necessary for either you or her to seek medical advice for this- eating disorders are serious illnesses that can be fatal. I know I'm grateful to my best friend for seeking help on my behalf when things got too bad. Keep an eye on her, encourage her to eat but don't force her or make yourself the enemy. Be supportive and listen to her; you don't need to advise her or anything, just be someone she knows she can talk to.

And like we said, good job for being such a good girlfriend. She's very lucky to have someone to stand by her like this.

Laura x

Take as long as you need.