View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: Thinking about self harm - December 31st 2014, 03:54 PM

I'm sorry about what's been going on lately. I think it's unfortunate how you're friends are treating you right now, real friends wouldn't do that. I know it hurts to think about what's happened, but you can't let it affect you negatively for the rest of you're life. You can't let it keep you from living. Self harm may seem like a good solution right now, but it's not. There are better ways to cope with what's happened. I think you need to get out and talk to someone about what's happened. You've made a great first step by coming on here and talking to us. It's not easy to lay down everything that's happened.

Everyone goes through hardships in school, it's an unavoidable issue. I've had a ton, and sometimes I've lost friends because of them. It weeds out the people who are not really your friends and who will stick by you. It hurts a lot, but let me tell you, you will find better friends who will stick by you know matter what happens. You can't give up.

I think you need to just be yourself and do some things to get your mind off of what happened. Maybe pick up a few hobbies, focus on school work, etc. Try talking to some people who have always seemed really nice, but you never took the chance to get to know. You never know what could happen. Friends always begin as strangers, and until you talk to them, you'll never know.

I'm sorry about what's happened with your parents as well. Divorces are hard, and the fighting and everything is terrible as well. Just know that everyone on here is here to support you and here to listen if you ever need to vent. You aren't alone. When they fight and you feel like you can't handle it, just come talk to someone. We'll always be here.

I think it would also be a good idea to check out the alternatives list. Self harm is never the right answer. It's dangerous and you don't deserve to be in pain. Try out some of the alternatives. Not all of them work for everyone, but try to find a few that do work for you. You are strong enough to get through all of this. You can face the outside world. It won't be easy, but you can do it. My inbox is always open if you ever need to talk!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."