View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Not sure how to handle this. - April 16th 2009, 11:59 AM

Hey Brad! Welcome to the boards. I'm Katrina; it's lovely of you to join us.

Let's see, I argue with my mom sometimes too about different medications for things. The thing is, when I look back on it a year or a month later, I usually realize she was just trying to do what was best for me and she was getting angry when I wasn't trying to do what was best for me. Which is fair, right? So, maybe that's how your mom feels. I bet she's frustrated with herself that she can't help her son's stomach to feel better [after all, if you were a dad, you'd be frustrated for the same reason, right?]. So, just keep that in mind, okay? Try to help yourself by doing what the doctors and your mom ask you to do. It can't help if you don't give it a try. [:

Yeah, I know how you feel about the swimming. I was training pretty intensely for a while back when I was about thirteen, but I just got..tired of it and went for dancing, instead. Unfortunately, even though I don't like swimming, I'm still being made to do it over the summer [on a fairly "easy" team]. Whatever, though. Know that by letting you quit, your mom does respect your opinion and your feelings. If she didn't, I'm sure she'd still make you swim very rigorously.

Take care of yourself, Brad.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina