View Single Post
  (#68 (permalink)) Old
Lillywho? Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 16th 2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
No idea, god could have created the big bang. However, as science continues to progress, what is generally attributed to as being god's work becomes less and less. In a sense, it sometimes serves as a placeholder for something we don't understand much of.

I never said you twisted that. I said, one could apply the theory of evolution to this idea that god created everything in 7 days/time for 1 day according to the bible. If you do that, you're analyzing something subjectively via an objective paradigm. That is where the problem is. Also, as Grizabella pointed out, religions have to change along with science and religions then must give some reasons (usually without an ounce of proof) that they're right, and nothing more than mere factless opinions.
I get what you're saying, I do.

BUT: There are two ways of reading the Bible; A liberal one and a fundamentalistic one.

Basically, the fundamentalistic way of reading the Bible, is to interpret everything that is written, literal, whilst the liberal way will be to not interpret everything as literal.
(Keep in mind that this is trivial, banal, but I think you get the picture?)

That probably wasn't a good enough answer, but, in my opinion, as long as you believe in the creed (and don't bend it), that's what matters. And whether you chose to analyze some small parts or not don't really mean all that much in the big picture.

Sometimes we build up walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to bring them down...