View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bringmethehorizon♥ Offline
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Question Struggling to keep on task at college - January 22nd 2015, 07:13 PM

Hi guys

I suffer with Dyslexia and it's really effecting my work rate. When ever I'm in class we have teaching assistant walking around the class helping people who need extra support. I struggle with the work even when the Teaching assistant is trying to help me. He often says to me Justin I'm very worried about you. He says this because some of the work is something a 3 year old called do he reckons anyway. The problem is that when he goes off to help other people in the class i just sit there with no motivation what so ever. I often just sit there and look at other people do their work. I just never do anything I go in day dreams and just sit there. The teaching assistant is getting extremely annoyed by the fact that he has to sit by by me all day to me to do the work. This only ever happens at college it did happen previously at school when I was at going to school. My mum says that when I was younger I kept fainting for long periods of time and the oxygen was not getting to my brain properly. This is new to me but I do remember fainting once at primary school when I was about younger. It hasn't happened since I was a round 5 or 6 I'm now 18. Im really struggling and i don't want it to effect me when I start work. How can I stop myself from just stopping my work from the teaching assistant leaves? I really can't explain it. I sort of just sit there and don't bother trying. I don't know if its laziness or if it's just that I can't do the work because its to hard or what. What should can I do? Has anyone else had a similar problem to this? Im very dedicated to getting things done when it's not college work. I typed this thread with out losing motivation I know I can do it.

Thanks for reading my thread.

Take care of yourself ~Justin~