View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Would this be a good idea for college - January 24th 2015, 01:48 PM

I've been in university for 5 years and am currently doing year 6 at a college. Let me just say that I would not have survived without a computer. You spend so much time preparing assignments, doing research, emailing people etc. that you have to have a computer - I am probably on a computer for minimum 6 hours a day, other days I am on my computer for probably closer to 12 hours. And no I am not that obsessed with social media - it's because school does that to me. If you relied on computers in a campus computer lab you'd never go home, you'd literally be there to sleep and maybe not even then.

You have to have a computer.

A lap top is more ideal because then you can bring it to class and when you're doing group work.

It won't get stolen - that could just as easily happen to your phone, iPod, car etc. So yes, shit happens, but if you are mart and keep your door locked, and keep an eye on your stuff in public you'll most likely be fine.

Any reason to not bring it cannot even begin to compete with the reasons that you absolutely 100% do need it. This is the 21st century, it's not optional any more.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions