View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Cheering charms, please? - January 27th 2015, 12:11 PM

I guess this is going to be an unexpected post to most of you. But I did not want to go on staff leave and probably disappear for a while without informing.

Last evening we got news of 5 deaths within 5 hours and it's still not sinking in. Two of them were people I met at some point in my life but they were close to my parents so somewhere it did hurt. The third was a celebrity artist I had met when I was a child and he kept in touch with me and my family through the years. To lose someone whom you have looked upto for over 15 years is hard to accept. The fourth is an uncle of mine. Someone who was easily called the healthiest person in the family was taken away within minutes by a massive heart attack. I'm still hoping someone is going to call me and say it was a prank, but somewhere at the back of my mind I know I need to accept this sometime. Of all the family but for his wife and kids, he was closest to my parents and me. My grandfather's older brother (the only grandfather figure in my life) passed away late last night. I know everyone's going to say he has lived his life to the fullest, but there's a sense of loneliness that is setting in now because I had somehow convinced myself he was never leaving.
I have never been the best at handling death or grief. So keeping all this in mind I decided I need to get off the site for a while and concentrate on coming to terms with what can be called a sudden change in life. I also have an operation scheduled around 10th of February. It isn't a major one but I am going to be hospitalized for a couple of days. I am not sure when I will be back, but I'm hoping to be back around middle of February.
To everyone who has messaged me on or outside of Teenhelp, forgive my being anti social and not replying. Sorry this got long, but I decided it's best to explain.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator