View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
KcEdwards01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Casey Edwards

Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11

Re: im done with school - January 31st 2015, 12:42 AM

School can become a lot.
I started my "General Certificates for Standard Education" (GCSEs) In the UK in September. I'm doing a two year course in everything from Astronomy to Religion/Philosophy, Programming to French. I barely get any sleep and I'm super stressed however I'm managing to keep on top of the work load. I find time management is key to keeping on top of school. Ask yourself is the work produced is of a good enough quality and if the answer is no you need to allocate more time to education!
I also understand what you mean about the grades too, In the UK we don't have a GPA or anything like that, you get a target you should hit by the end of the course. For example in my English Literature, I got a B in a recent assessment and my Target is a B, WOO. But in French my target is an A and my last test was an E and my teacher will keep making me retake until I get an A.
If trying to balance school and family etc is becoming tough, create a schedule to manage time better, If you feel like you don't see friends or family enough because of schoolwork get them involved. Study with friends or ask family to test you, My sister did these for A-Levels, (Age 17-18 Education). And now she's doing well in her Music Course in her University.

Take what you will from this, I don't know how much of this is relevant. If you read it all then well done and best of luck!!