(#6 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: im done with school - February 1st 2015, 03:26 PM

Hi there,

I just wanted to put my own input from personal experience. I took one semester off to clear my head and really assess which professional direction I wanted to go into. I kept myself busy during that time by going to culinary school- totally unrelated to my field but taught me valuable skills.

I'm totally open to you going part-time or taking one semester off. Now is the time to really figure out how to balance work, school, and play and make sure you've got a sturdy sense of direction for the future. If you feel that balancing everything is too much, then of course, one area has to be compromised.

Perhaps you could try part-time status for a semester? I found that taking 12 credits vs 17 took a TON of stress off of me, and it helped me maintain my job. However, at my school, going part-time meant losing campus housing so that meant scrambling for an apartment.

Since you've posted last, have you gained anymore clarity on what you want to do?

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.