View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: Doctor-assisted suicide - February 9th 2015, 10:09 PM

I've taken courses regarding dying and have reviewed the laws behind physician assisted suicide, at least in the US.

There are MANY hoops to jump through. You need an affidavit, you need witnesses, you need proof from a doctor that you will not live more than x amount of time and that alternatives are not proven reasonable for your situation. There are meetings, debates, etc to really be sure that you, for lack of a better way, have no other choice other than suffering.

In addition, the patient must be the one to consume the fatal dose of medication. The doctor is simply a witness and to confirm death. They CANNOT in ANY way help the patient with the cocktail, for liability purposes of course. So, in this time, the patient may have a change of heart when they stare death in the face.

I would not want a loved one to do it over the fact that I'm selfishly attached to them, and I do think that there are other ways to end life without jumping through the legal hoops and spending the money (not that I ever justify suicide). Overall, I am against it. In my opinion it looks romanticized.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013