(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: School saw my cuts - March 1st 2015, 05:29 AM

Hey there,

I understand that you are feeling stressed about this situation. I too, have been in a similar situation a couple of years ago and from my personal experience, the best thing to do is be honest about it. I know there will be people that will tell you to make up a story about how you got those scars since that's what also happened to me and I personally think that's not a good idea since it may raise doubts/suspicion depending on what the scars look like.

I think you should open up to your counselor about it who said that she wouldn't tell your mom about it. Its also a great first step in recovering from this and I also believe that it will benefit you in the long run. Its good that you haven't cut in 2 weeks, but I also believe at the same time that you can heal faster if you open up about it with someone such as your counselor.

As for your gym teacher- I will advise you to talk to your counselor about it and let her know that you are concerned about your gym teacher knowing about this. Often times if you tell your counselor, she may tell your gym teacher not to tell your mom or anyone about it but I can't be a 100% about this.

I hope this helps and wish you all the very best!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe