View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
nintendude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: cob

Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11

scholarship stress/fear/anxiety idk - March 11th 2015, 04:36 AM

Long story short, and probably a dilemma many people face: I did not apply to many scholarships for college and in turn I'm really scared about the money we'll be paying for it.

Basically, I was unsure about this whole scholarship process. I didn't know where to look, how to finish one, and basically how to get the hang of it. All my parents told me was to look for them, and all my school did was tell us of websites of where to find them. I was also largely scared of my merits, requirements, etc, because a lot of them look for interesting people that have these affiliations, these ambitions, etc, and the most I have is being the top 10 of my class. I never had experience filling anything out, and adding to that schoolwork and a breakup and just emotional chaos, time went by and nothing happened. I'm still largely unsure; I know of where to find some and all of that, but I just feel like I've missed so much that it kills my motivation, that I don't have time because of all the other obligations I have, overall stress etc.

I'll be attending an in state public school (UNC), so the approximate total expenses is 4 digits hopefully, but regardless, I fear that it will be a lot of money, that I will burden my parents, and that any job I get in the future (I have never worked before) will just barely help me scratch that surface of college expenses.

I don't know how to alleviate these fears, stress, how to strategize getting this money, blahblah.