View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bringmethehorizon♥ Offline
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Question Staying at college for the wrong reasons? - March 15th 2015, 11:20 AM

Hi guys

I got removed from my ICT course at college because of my learning difficulties. They decided to put me on this employability course you practice how to do interviews etc and maths and english etc. I start this course tomorrow the thing is the whole reason for that course is to help people get in to work thats the how am of it i believe. The course lasts for 5 weeks then you also get 8 weeks (unpaid) work experience. I am looking to get a paying job which hopefully get me working for apple or samsung over time. The real reason i want to do this course is because i don't really have many friends because most of my friends ended up using me and ditching me a few years ago. Im looking for people my own age to hang out with i feel really disconnected from the world at the moment because of this. Most of my life i have been constantly bullied which has had a lasting effect on me i get really nervous in social situations. I would like to get a job because i will be making money and i will be working to where i want to be in life. The thing is most phone shops i don't imagine have people in who are my age i will be working with people in their mid 20's which isn't a bad thing but i want people my own age to be friends with (18) That's the whole reason in even going on this course it probably won't help me in life at all but have a chance of making friends. I guess the question is do i stay at college try and make friends or do i get a job and start making money and getting somewhere i want to be in life. Yet it gets me down that i have no friends my age i do have 2 friends 1 who doesn't really care weather I'm alive or not and one who never wants to come our and irritates me often. What would you recommend? what should i do? I don't want to be lonely all my life i have no friends or anything yet it gets me so down how i never go out with anyone simply cause i have no friends. I might not even like anyone on this course i don't know yet but you never know and i feel really annoyed and don't know what to do.
I guess I'm desperate for friends at the moment. I don't really go to clubs because thats not my thing I'm not a club person. So please don't mention clubs
Whats best?

Take care~Justin~