Thread: Triggering (Substances): Anxiety & Drugs
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Anxiety & Drugs - April 8th 2015, 11:38 PM

Hello there Morpheus,

Do you currently take any medication that isn't monitored by a doctor? It's important to be monitored while taking drugs if they prescribe them. If you're taking drugs that they're not aware about, it's a good idea to inform them. You can also talk to a Pharmacist because they know all about drugs and the uses for each and if any interactions.

I'm going to outline each number you talked about and give some more information on each of those.

1 & 5) they both go hand in hand with what you are experiencing. Feeling weird and out of place is the same as feeling dissociation feelings.

2, 3, 4, 7) sounds like symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety is very common in people. The constant worrying over things, to feeling those body sensations (feeling dizzy, sweating, clammy). You can do things to reduce your anxiety. How is your stress been? Are you stressed more these days? Stress can impact on us a lot and it can cause anxiety and fear.

8 & 5) are also related to feeling that dissociation feeling, derealization, depersonalization, and having those feeling of fogginess and not remembering where you are going. Like you don't remember who you got from point A to point B.

9) It's easier for us to sit with our thoughts and how we are feeling than if we're busy. We have more time to process our own thoughts and feelings, sometimes it can be helpful to reflect but if it's starting to make you uncomfortable, try doing things where you're doing positive things. For instance, taking a walk or watching a movie. These tend to make us think about other things other than our thoughts and feelings.

8 & 10) are both feelings of dissociation where you don't remember doing something. For instance this can be from not remembering conversations to not knowing how you got somewhere, or you blanking out, like a part of your brain has no memory of it.

6 & 11) I think the best route for you is to speak with your doctor about how this is impacting your daily life. It sounds it is very uncomfortable to experience all that you are. It's best to talk to someone about these feelings. Do you see a therapist or social worker? They can be very helpful where you can express your emotions in a healthy environment and you won't be judged. Not everyone will understand what you are experiencing but many go through similar experiences that you mentioned.

If you're wanting to try any drug I would strongly recommend talking to your family doctor about it or a pharmacist. They can help you guide you through everything where it's safe to do so.

On TeenHelp we have a Resources page where you can find a wealth of information. I have found some helpful links that I am copying for you.

Erowid
This site contains a vast network of information on countless drugs including the effects, doses, health issues, legal issues, images, and the chemical structure of drugs, as well as experiences from those who have used the drug.

Living With Anxiety
This site has a large number of resources to make it easier to live with anxiety, including helpful videos, techniques to control anxiety and choosing a medication.

Mindyourmind
Mindyourmind provides and maintains an extensive amount of articles, videos, and resources for those struggling with mental illnesses.

StressingOut
StressingOut is a website about the consequences of long-term stress and the impact it has on your life and wider mental health, including depression, anxiety and poor self-esteem. The website contains a number of good articles as well as a downloadable eBook about tackling everyday stressors.

If you need anything else please let me know.

Please take care,
Chantal

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator