View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11

Re: Help with depression and anxiety?💀 - April 15th 2015, 06:43 AM

Your family situation sounds extremely difficult and I'm very sorry you have to endure living this way. Without sounding offensive toward your parents, I feel it is horrible to prefer one child over another - regardless of how "unstable" you may feel you are - much less to actually tell a child that. In fact, perhaps this has contributed to the issues you deal with today?

I can relate to your parental situation. Without going too deep into my own circumstances, I will say that my own mother has mental issues and I do not feel love for either of my parents. I do not believe that love is obligated to anyone, nor do I blame you for not giving it to anyone you feel is undeserving.

I suppose the question at hand is whether you feel you can live under these circumstances until moving out on your own. I am assuming from your post that you are beginning to feel the pressure and that the situation between you and your mom is worsening. Is there perhaps a friend or other family member you could stay with if you feel it would be best?

In any event, I wish you well and hope things improve.

L4Y