View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Might be pregnant and wanting to commit suicide.. - April 16th 2015, 12:06 PM

Hey.
It's normal to feel paranoid after having unprotected sex. Even after protected sex - personally if I've just done it for the first time in a while, there's always a bit of anxiety before my period comes! And I can imagine that after your sister's experience there's a bit more anxiety too. But you need to not let it take you over. Stress can affect your period, but it can also make you sick, cause you the sleepless nights you've been having, and in general just make you feel crappy. Please don't worry - you have no reason to assume you're definitely pregnant! Try and keep yourself busy until you take a pregnancy test and then you can put your mind at ease.
Until then, just remind yourself that it's out of your hands now - there's nothing you can do! So you may as well try to stop worrying. And remember next time, if you're in a place where the morning-after pill (emergency contraception) is available to you, it can be effective up to 72 hours after intercourse.
I just realised you made this post some days ago so I hope you're doing all right?

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.