View Single Post
  (#8050 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - April 18th 2015, 01:14 AM

-- EVERYTHING says I'm supposed to be a counselor except for the brain damage. So it wasn't my "personality for lack of a better explanation" that cost me everything, it was my brokenness combined with your lack of professionalism which I somehow got blamed for.

I wish I could get one more chance to face you so I could show you just what this has done to my life. Not because I'm mad about why or bitter, but because I REALLY don't think you get it. You get to move on like nothing happened while I lost everything. I highly doubt you fully comprehend how much dismissal SCREWS people over! Yet you did it because you said you cared and that you didn't want me to get into the field and struggle. You left out the part where you tell me what you think I'd be good at since I have no idea now. All I know is that I can never have what I want (or even anything similar) without the degree and/or license that I almost had. Even if I understand and I'm not mad or bitter about the fact that it had to happen, that doesn't change the fact that I will never finish the degree or get the license I need for most jobs in the field I want. So, even if I don't hold it against you, my life is still a mess. And, even if you tell me otherwise it was still a waste. Not finishing the degree means that not only can I never use what I learned, but I can't even prove I learned it. All that investment with nothing but the debt to show for it.

And now I know it's not just me, her program is screwing her over too. So badly in fact that she's thinking of walking away even closer to her degree than I was to mine and going back to her home country. This place is ridiculous and getting away with murder.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; April 20th 2015 at 10:34 PM.