Thread: Male Advice Preferred: My girlfriend hasn't had period in months
View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: My girlfriend hasn't had period in months - April 28th 2015, 02:14 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you are in a tough situation. The most important thing you can do is be there to support your girlfriend during this difficult time, and to be sure you have resources you can turn to for support, too. You two don't have to do this on your own.

While it's great that your parents are willing to help out with the baby, in the end it's your baby, and you are the ones who need to be responsible for it. That means actively working to be as independent as possible to provide a healthy, stable life for your child. Unfortunately at your ages, especially your girlfriend's age, you are quite limited in what you can do to achieve financial and living independence, but there are steps you can take.

I suggest you do all you can in your power to procure a job this summer and start saving up. Work on building a resume; don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Put out applications every day. Check back in with places a couple days after you apply to ask them if they have received your resume by phone, if not in person, and let them know you are excited about that job opportunity. Even though you're just looking to make some money, making it sound like you couldn't be more stoked about being a cashier at a fast food restaurant, or on the janitorial staff at an office building, or whatever job it is you apply for.

It's also imperative that both you and your girlfriend complete your education. Staying in school while caring for an infant may be difficult, but in the long run you will be better able to provide a secure future for your child if you both have high school diplomas.

It won't be easy, but with proper resources, support, and motivation the two of you can actively work towards building a loving, stable, and secure future for your child. It may not happen all at once, but by continuing to take small steps forward you can achieve it.