Thread: Triggering: i told my parents.
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13

Re: i told my parents. - April 30th 2015, 03:10 PM

First of all, I want to say that despite me not knowing you, I am so incredibly proud of you for telling your parents. That is super brave of you and I'm sure that this post has probably given some people some inspiration.

Second of all, I think that your urge to cut is still "normal" in the sense that I wouldn't have expected it to go away after telling your parents. The good thing, though, is that now your parents can get you help to cope in better ways. Please don't be hard on yourself for having the urge to cut; relapse can be a sign of recovery, and you'll likely have days even after recovery where you want to resort to hurting yourself. Forgive yourself if you do.

You've already been linked with the alternatives so I suggest browsing that! Otherwise, until your parents do get you help/until an appointment is made (and I mean, even after), I think you should try to find a hobby that you're really passionate about and focus on that. Sometimes people have found art helpful when wanting to self-harm; drawing harsh lines on paper sometimes helps release emotions. You should think about getting a Wreck This Journal book. The purpose of that book is to destroy it and essentially take your emotions out artfully. It's helped me out.

If you ever want to talk to someone, you can always PM/VM me. Stay strong; you're so, so brave! Thank you for sharing with us that you talked to your parents. And thank you for taking the brave step in doing so. I'm praying for you and your situation!

God bless & much love,
Misty