Thread: Male Advice Preferred: My girlfriend hasn't had period in months
View Single Post
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: My girlfriend hasn't had period in months - May 2nd 2015, 12:56 PM

If I were you, I would begin evaluating my life very carefully. What job do you want to do? What training would it require? Is there another job that you could get training for in the meantime to help earn a better wage so you could help take care of a child?

If there is a vocational school near you, I would look into it and see what programs they offer. Some people have taken college classes such as college algebra, composition, etc to knock out the general education classes for their degrees while taking vocational classes. A lot of schools offer a variety of classes that will pay decently once you graduate from school. The school near me offered a variety of programs such EMT, construction, dental assistant, pharmacy tech, etc.

Another option after high school may involve job corps which can help provide training for younger people. The jobs they offer vary from location to location though.

Raising a kid is tough. Being able to afford a kid is very tough. One thing I would try to avoid is adding on the debt of college without a clear idea of what job you want to do. A lot of my friends are working jobs that do not require their degree. One girl is working a job that many people without college degrees work.