View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13

Re: I'm cutting. It's getting addictive. Help? - May 2nd 2015, 09:48 PM

Hey,

It's awful that your friend did that to you. I know it can be really hard to lose friends, but if she asked you to cut because she was bored, it might be better that you aren't talking to her anymore. Good friends are supportive, but definitely shouldn't suggest that you hurt yourself or tell others as a way of ending your friendship.

Have you tried asking your parents to get you help? I know you think they'll "lock you away," but there are a lot of options that could be helpful to you. You could try to see a counselor or therapist. This would only take a couple of hours a week and it could make you feel a lot better. If you don't want to do anything that big, you could just go see your school counselor during your lunch breaks or after school. Even if they weren't a huge help, it would offer a distraction during the school day.

Other than that, try using the alternatives list the above user posted. If you try one and it doesn't work, make sure you try more from different categories. One that works for a lot of people is snapping a rubber band or hair tie on your wrist whenever you get the urge to self harm. You can also try going for a run or a walk. Also, keep posting on the forums and feel free to message me if you need anything or want to chat

Good luck,
~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson