View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
NatureFantasy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,175, Level: 10 Points: 5,175, Level: 10 Points: 5,175, Level: 10

Re: scared to go to school because im gay - May 15th 2015, 07:43 AM

Your guidance counselor should tell you to report anyone who's harassing you to the principal. The principal is obligated to stop bullying. If the principal does nothing then go over their head and contact the school board. Keep going up the chain til someone responds. In the past, people have even sued the schools for inaction about bullying, and have often been successful since the school is obligated to stop bullying. I am by no means suggesting legal action, only emphasizing that schools not only can but MUST stop bullying, for legal reasons if not moral ones.

Know that you are legally protected, and bring any issues you have up to the administrators. I know that this doesn't help with social situations though. All I can tell you is to be brave and to remember that you have friends who love and accept you and it's their opinions that matter most. As Dr. Seuss said, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, won't mind.

I've gone through school bullying myself, so I know what it's like and how isolating it can feel. Feel free PM me if you want to talk.