View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Amandaapandaa Offline
Bi and Proud ✴
Average Joe

Name: Manda

Points: 7,110, Level: 12 Points: 7,110, Level: 12 Points: 7,110, Level: 12

Re: Boyfriend said he feels like a therapist or caregiver sometimes? - June 8th 2015, 04:21 AM

Hey,

Yes I can. I've heavily depended on a boy for the past few months that we've known each other and I can honestly say that he is also my therapist, too. But his feelings towards it is quite the opposite. He actually likes to be there for me (which is a first for me).

If I were you, I think I would just openly tell him or that you plan on limiting how much you tell him about your depression and anxiety and work from there and see if it makes him feel more relaxed. It may just backfire and he might decide that he was overreacting and he would end up missing hearing what's going on with you mentally and emotionally. I'm not saying close him out entirely, I'm just saying to try that for a week or so and see if he feels more at ease with it. If he does, maybe you could just confide in your therapist (if you have one) or a close friend that you know you can trust with what you tell them.

I hope I helped a little bit and I hope things go better in your relationship. I hate to see relationships end.

I'm always here if you need me,

~A

'I have this strange feeling that I'm not myself anymore...'