Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Screaming thread.
View Single Post
  (#2516 (permalink)) Old
Lilyofthewest Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lily

Points: 6,218, Level: 11 Points: 6,218, Level: 11 Points: 6,218, Level: 11

Re: Screaming thread. - July 6th 2015, 02:50 PM

It's not that I disagree with you about how it's maybe just a little bit fucked up that it's socially acceptable for us to think we're ugly, but we're seen as vain when we think we're pretty. It's just that, well, it's easy for you to say stuff like "everybody should think they're pretty" because you are pretty. See, prettiness is completely relative to what everybody else thinks of us. If you asked a number of people whether or not they'd consider you attractive, I'd bet my house on a large majority of them saying yes, they would consider you attractive. (And there's evidence to back that up, a lot of people we know have been attracted to you.)

But, you see, it's not like that for many of us. A large majority of people wouldn't find me pretty, which means I'm not pretty. Hence, me thinking I'm pretty would do nothing for me. I'd just be very, very incorrect. From where you stand, it's impossible for you to understand how and why a person may feel like that. You don't need to be reminded to feel beautiful, because you get indirectly reminded of that daily by the people who are attracted to you. I will never have that. Fair fucks to you, you've come from a place where you didn't have the confidence you have now. Like I'm generally not a jealous person, but I will admit that I envy you for your high self-esteem and bulletproof confidence (fake or real). Not everyone can bounce back from that place of low confidence though. I won't ever think I'm pretty, because I'm not pretty and I'm not deluded enough to think believing I'm pretty when I'm not is in any way beneficial. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but, as much as you're trying to help, reading what you had to say just made me feel worse.

tl;dr - You're doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. People who are insecure and feel ugly do
n't always want to be lectured on self-love, especially not by someone like you. It's easy for you to love yourself because other people love you. Your message is admirable (and, as I've said, I agree with a decent amount of it), but it only really applies to people in the same boat as you, people who are lucky enough to be beautiful, loveable, etc. And I'm just not one of those people, nor am I ever going to be. I'm always going to be a fucked up, ugly, unloveable piece of shit who nobody wants around and the sooner I cease to exist the better.

"Looking at the stars; it's comforting to think how small we are in comparison."