View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DrDrei Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,949, Level: 11 Points: 5,949, Level: 11 Points: 5,949, Level: 11

Unhappy Slowly Worsening Social Anxiety - July 8th 2015, 12:51 PM

Hi, it's been a while since I last posted here though I've been reading a lot. I just don't know how to deal with it I've told friends and some family but even they don't have clear answers.

I'm the kind of person that prefers to be approached first. Being a guy though, people especially girls expect me to be the one to approach first. The sheer thought of trying to get social with someone though scares me as they might see me as boring, pushy, or simply a little too clingy.

Recently I got separated from friends in school because of the way the lists were organized so I had to adjust yet again. I've made some friends that are really dull and somewhat boring while my past friends think I'm arrogant since I only look at them and not greet because I was so used to them greeting me first.

They expect me to be social primarily because I do a lot of public speaking which I am very comfortable in now because of the amount of times I was forced to do it then. There are some new guys and gals that I'm interested in knowing it's just that I don't know how, when, or if I should approach them.

"God gave you shoes that fit you, so put 'em on and wear 'em"

- Eminem