View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13

Re: Boyfriend think family first? - July 12th 2015, 06:41 PM

Hey,

I get that this is frustrating, but flat-out ignoring his calls and texts isn't going to solve anything. It's good that you talked to him, but since it doesn't seem like that did much, you might want to talk to him again. Just say that you feel you don't see him enough and you'd like to spend a little more time together. Maybe invite him to do something with you for a day so you at least get some time together. I'm not sure how realistic this is, but could you possibly do something with him and his family? You and your boyfriend could go with his family on a picnic or a day trip or something. It's not a perfect solution, but at least he would get to see you and his family.

It sucks that you don't get to see him much, but it also sucks that he doesn't get to see his family a whole lot. His priority might be his family, but that doesn't necessarily mean he thinks they're more important than you, he might just have more things he needs to do and have more responsibilities at home. Try to keep his interests and priorities in mind even though it might be annoying.

I hope you guys work this out!
~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson