View Single Post
  (#78 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 20th 2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
No. The Bible doesn't command it, it asks you too, - for your own sake, but it is all up to you.

Thing is, our brains are so complicated and we still don't understand it completely. - But if our brains were so simple that we could understand it, we still wouldn't be able to understand it, because then our brains would be too simple. - You know?
You didn't answer my question at all, you just restated what you said then randomly slapped on "you know?". I don't know, so, please explain.

When someone says "Believe this", that's a command. It's the same as saying "Stop right now" or "go away". Those are commands.

Haven't read anything about eternal suffering in the bible? I have to ask, have you actually read the entire bible? It's the very basis of the concept of Hell. So, here are some of the many quotes:

Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell (Psalms 55:15)

fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (Matthew 10:28)

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:43-48).

Naturally, if you're told to cut off your hand, foot and pluck your eyes out to avoid going to Hell, then there's a pretty good chance that Hell is going to be much worse than that. Hence, torture.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. (Luke 13:28)

And there are far too many to post. If you've read the bible, then it's very clear that hell isn't a land of bunnies and rainbows.