View Single Post
  (#8249 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,984, Level: 26 Points: 33,984, Level: 26 Points: 33,984, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 1st 2015, 09:13 PM

--I know he abandoned you and doesn't pay what he's supposed to, but referring to him as DB (meaning deadbeat) is really immature. Just refer to him as their dad.

--And I don't understand delaying your child's education a year/an extra year of preschool if their birthday is within the cut off. Unless my child has special needs, they will start school as soon as they're old enough, no delays or extra preschool unless it's absolutely necessary. 2 years of preschool makes NO sense to me.

These types of videos always get to me. Just like not having diabetes doesn't make you an expert on diabetes, having a son with type 1 doesn't make you an expert on type 2. This video you're making on the differences will be slanted. Type 2 isn't always someone's "fault" and you can die with type 1. They were talking about the wrong kind, but you can't hide the risks of complications and death from your son forever. Teach him the importance of taking care of himself and have the conversation in an age appropriate manner.

This is the exact kind of thing that people don't recover from. Do you get that?! Oh, wait, of course not because you only cared when you had to and now you don't. The fact that you did so much more for them and treated me so differently was just proof that you never really cared. I'm accepting fate and letting go, no point in torturing myself. It's obvious now how my life is going to go. Not that you care or will ever even know. You will never know the damage you've really done. This was my last straw and I didn't even do anything wrong; you said as much.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; September 3rd 2015 at 04:51 PM.