View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Rainbow Cookies Offline
Geek and proud
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Points: 5,787, Level: 11 Points: 5,787, Level: 11 Points: 5,787, Level: 11

Unhappy controlling anxiety - September 10th 2015, 02:06 AM

Recently my anxiety has gotten very bad. Two nights ago I had my worst panic attack ever. My heart was racing, I was trembling, it was hard to breath and my stomach felt like it was in my throat. I have had 5 including that one in the last 2 days alone and even when I'm not having one my stomach still feels like it is in my throat and I feel terrified. The worst part is that I can't even figure out what's causing them. I think part of it might be general terror of people I know but that can't be the only thing. I tell myself there is nothing to be worried about and I know that there isn't but no logic or reasoning that I can tell myself that helps. There are only a few people who even know about my anxiety and depression. One is my sister who I don't really feel entirely comfortable approaching and 2 others are more her friends than mine. The last one is someone who I don't really know that well but feel oddly comfortable talking to her but she is just in one of my classes. Anyway my question is how do I calm myself down during an anxiety attack and please don't say breathing because trust me I've tried and that is about the only answer google gives you. It's like I'm in a glass tank in a zoo. I watch people go by happy and confident. I perform for them to make them happy pretending I'm happy, too scared to mess up hoping they will like me. I'm stuck behind the glass though, unable to be like them. Unable to feel truly happy. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

"The quickest path between two points may be a straight line but it is by no means the most interesting."-The Doctor

Me- Do you ever feel like you about to crash into a sign?
Friend- What?
Me- I mean mentally, emotionally and physically, because I do right now.
Friend- No
Me- It's a very specific feeling.