Thread: Non-PG13: Dad's girlfriend is pregnant
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Dad's girlfriend is pregnant - September 20th 2015, 05:46 AM

Your mom passed away? I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how that all by itself must feel, then to have this situation pop up. No wonder you feel so confused right now. You shouldn't feel an obligation or be expected to suddenly become extremely close to your dad's girlfriend in any sort of way that would make you feel as your mom is being replaced. No one can take your mom's place.

That's great that you already have a sibling. Even though you already have a sibling, this will be a different, unique individual with a different personality and therefore, a new bond; not to replace your brother or anything but just a new experience. You know what I mean? So that could still be a positive thing. But it's okay if you have feelings other than positive ones right now.

Honestly, it might be best to just work through the feelings as they come rather than forcing yourself to try and work out your feelings all at once when you aren't even sure how you feel exactly. If you do start having negative feelings or concerns about anything, as I said, don't be afraid to communicate them to your dad. Being open about how you feel can help a lot sometimes.

Do you have anyone to talk to about your feelings regarding your mom, or at least any emotional outlets for your thoughts and feelings? Journaling and creative writing might be helpful. I'm sorry again to hear about your mom. That must make this a lot harder for you and complicate the situation a bit.