View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Transfer process (college) - September 21st 2015, 03:37 AM

Coming out of high school, my essays were garbage. Now, I'd say they are very good to great considering one of them is approximately 100 words, another is max 300, another max 500, and the personal statement is max 650. Whereas I tried to say before, "hey, look at me and what I've accomplished", this time I tried to convey my growth as a person and leader, my competitive nature (which is a stretch, I'm very passive), my dedication to my field, and my research into the university and why the curriculum is relevant to me (that essay was the hardest but I think I nailed it). My personal essay, as my mom puts it, reads like a good book.
The reason I'm still worried is because of the nature of transferring to a much better university. Its much tougher because the field is usually smaller and more selective. I have a 3.67, which is well above the 3.0 starting point, but I don't have time for any distinguishing clubs or anything. I do have 3 letters of recommendation, and I think its safe to assume they'll be excellent because I aced those professor's classes and was friendly with all of them.
So yeah. Worried, but confident that I put forth my best effort this time.