View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - October 1st 2015, 04:54 PM

Hey there. I have felt similarly before, but not to the point of feeling suicidal, more like an overall numbness and repeatedly asking myself "What is life? Why am I here? Why are things so shitty? Why can't I enjoy it?"
What has helped me is to take a little time every week and put myself in the way of beauty. Usually this involves watching the sunset or sunrise. As simple as it is, it really is amazing. A week ago I started feeling this numbness again that I always feel when I'm forced back into the school routine, and I was walking back home when I decided "fuck it, I'm going to go through the park today, even if it's slightly longer than the usual way." As I was walking through the park, watching people chatting and sitiing on benches, the sunset was amazing, and I was truly in awe. At that moment I had this overwhelming sense of freedom and happiness, and I felt so grateful to be alive. I told myself that I would be more than happy to go through a year of hell just to experience this sunset.

Even if you have doubts, I suggest you try it, just once, and see how it makes you feel. It can't take away all suicidal thoughts, but it sure helps.

Take care,

Skye.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."