View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Alucard Offline
Maturity is Relative
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kimmie

Points: 9,950, Level: 14 Points: 9,950, Level: 14 Points: 9,950, Level: 14

I'm moving in with my boyfriends parents soon. Telling my family is going to be hell. - October 3rd 2015, 03:06 AM

I was raised in a Mexican household where daughters should not leave the house until we were married. My oldest sister didn't move out until she was thirty when she got engaged. I'm 23 and my boyfriend asked if I could move in with him and his parents. I would pay rent, of course, 200 a month and we would have the whole upstairs portion of the house to ourselves.

Before this a friend of ours talked to us about moving in with her boyfriend and their 3 year old to a three bedroom house with the 975 rent split between the four of us. I mentioned it to my mom and she flipped her shit saying I was crazy to even consider moving out, I need to finish school first and that I wasn't moving out. I left upset and then got texts from my brother and his boyfriend saying that if I left my dad wasn't going to let me take anything with me and that I would leave with the clothes on my back.

I can already see their reactions to this news.

"How dare you abandon us?! "

" We need help here first! "

" Who's going to help us with bills?! "

I just want freedom and my own space. I'm sleeping on a cot in my sisters room for crying out loud. No more constant calls of where I am and when I'll be home. Convincing them for me to spend the night somewhere other than home is a battle in itself.