Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: Help Me? Self Harm... - October 5th 2015, 10:17 PM

Hey Luke!

I'm sorry that you are being bullied. That's never a nice thing to experience. Have you had a talk to someone about the bullying and who is bullying you? You could talk to your parents if you don't feel comfortable talking to a teacher or someone at school, or even talking to an adult in a place of authority. As Ellie said, you might also want to open up about the self harm as well while you are discussing the bullying.

Self harm is never the answer to anything. At the time it seems like a great release, but over time it just becomes addictive and it doesn't help anymore but you still end up doing it. Finding alternatives would be great and not as harmful. Quitting will be hard but it is possible. Just find a suitable alternative that works and change the alternative over time if you need to.

I reckon ignoring the people who tell you that you are copying someone else because obviously they don't know what is actually happening, only you can know that, and if they are not you, then they shouldn't speak into your life. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, not tear you down. Finding a good group of friends to hang out with is hard and if you have one, then your all set! You have people who can help you ignore them. If you don't, then you might want to find some friends to help, and if you can't make any friends that are suitable, I'd suggest hanging out in a teachers room or nurse/ chaplains office during lunches so you still have someone there, who can offer you support. You don't even have to tell them why you are there though, but getting someone else to help is very beneficial and it may help more if they knew.

As Ellie said, set goals for yourself and take it a step at a time. You don't want to rush things otherwise everything will seem impossible after 2 minutes.

I hope you manage to get some help with everything and it all goes well for you

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.