View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

havent been to the doctor in years. scared but seems important. - October 13th 2015, 04:57 PM

Don't know if this should go to the anxiety forum so feel free to move it.

I'm terrified of going to the doctor but I think it is about time I finally get a checkup.

After my oldest sister revealed to me that she was diagnosed with PCOS and that there's cancers that run in our family as well as under active thyroid and sickle cell. And I mean I've been having digestive problems since childhood but because I wasn't taken to the doctor regularly I was just known as the one with the "sensitive stomach". I'm usually someone who isn't picky with food. I tend to eat whatever is on my plate. But the last few years I've been trying g to eat consciously especially because I realize that my digestive problems isn't a childhood thing unlike what grownups thought, who would often dismiss my pains as such something I'll outgrow or idk.

I'm also 21 years old and never had a test for hypothyroidism even though both my mom and aunt had that condition and it started in their teens for them.

I know I'm lactose intolerant for sure and I havent had any dairy for a few weeks. But I think eggs is bothering me too. I don't know anymore. I'm also eating mostly vegetables and rice. Sometimes fish. And perhaps too much fruits. I don't even know.

I understand where my dadbut I'm also upset with him because unless we are dying, he ignores whati or my sisters say about how we feel. He does that to himself too. He hasn't been to the doctor in maybe 30 years.

Now I have to pick up the pieces and last time I went to the dentist I was scolded and told I should have "known better" because for my age I should know the proper way to keep dental hygiene. But no one taught me these things.