View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: havent been to the doctor in years. scared but seems important. - October 13th 2015, 05:37 PM

Hey there,

I know that feeling! My upbringing was the same: unless it was something serious, I never went to the doctors. And self-care and hygiene wasn't taught to me when I was younger and is something I still struggle with. It's very natural to be anxious doing something that you haven't done in a long time, even if it's going to the doctors (I'm the same by the way).

It's really good that you are aware of these things and feel the need to do something about it. It may be a good opportunity for you to talk things through with your doctor and maybe get some tests done. At least this way, your mind can be put to rest, and if there are any health issues, at least you can get treatment. It might help to keep a food diary of what you eat and when your symptoms flare up to show the doctor. It may seem scary but doctors are there to help you, and they wont judge you. I'm sorry you got scolded when you went to the dentist though. You didn't deserve that at all. Remember, you are doing this for your health and that you deserve to be looking after yourself because you are worth it.

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer