(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Confused about graduate school grading - December 10th 2015, 05:35 PM

Yeah, it's confusing. At my institution, yes, a C is failing. But it's hard to get a C if you're a graduate student because you wouldn't go to graduate school if you weren't going to take it seriously and get your best grades, you know? I think less than 10% of my large Biostats class is getting under a B. If you're in graduate school, spending all of that time and money, you just...don't. Hahaha. There are also curves too. So that can help in the classes that people typically flop in.

On the "grades don't matter," that is true as well because the most important part of graduate school (particularly master's level) is 1) learning skills needed for your career and 2) networking. The grades will come along with doing those things, but unlike undergrad where a lot of times you just bullshit for the grade to get out with the degree, you shouldn't be wasting your time in graduate school if you don't want to learn those skills and network with the people teaching.

So yes. The grading is strict but doesn't matter because graduate school doesn't make sense. The end. Hahaha

something burning?