View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Bullied for having a different opinion - December 30th 2015, 12:38 AM

I agree with what was said above; it's best to distance yourself from this kind of thing. You're right in that you're entitled to your own opinion, but everyone else is entitled to their own opinions as well and not everyone will agree with you. I am proud of you for standing up for your beliefs and explaining yourself, but it seems as though it caused more harm than good. Don't feel as though those people deserve an explanation because they do not, especially if they're going to be disrespectful about your opinion. People are going to disrespect your opinion but you cannot control them, you can only control yourself and I think you should back away from this. It's probably tempting to look at what they're saying about you but try not to. I was verbally attacked on an anonymous app a few months ago and I felt better when I stopped looking at what people were saying about me.

I also agree with what has been said about your accounts online. You have to be careful on the internet because it's easy to use your name to find several accounts with different information about you. I only have two accounts with my real name attached to them. One is an email account and the other account is used for therapy. They both are, actually. Maybe you can consider making new accounts or taking some steps to make sure you're safe online.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers