View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: A rant against school (feeling hopeless) - January 3rd 2016, 11:14 AM

One major issue is that it sounds like you haven't been coping well for at least a year. A "good student" status can be lost quicker than that. I would see if you can begin working with a counselor or a psychologist on a more frequent basis.

I would also see what schools you have in the area that you can potentially try. Is there a vocational school option? One that can offer you a different course that is more skill based? What about sitting down and seeing if you can meet qualifications to take the GED? It wouldn't be a high school diploma but it would give you a chance to go to a community college though.

High school is tough. To be honest, most of my friends came from my jobs when I was a student. I wasn't friends with a lot of people in my school. However, I saw school as a task that needed to be done. You have to treat it as a job and do the work. If you do not want to try and catch up, start researching alternatives. It may require additional work on your end such as getting books from the library or Amazon on how to pass the GED.

At least in college, you have more options in what you can want to take. However, you still have classes you will hate and feel like you do not need. Taking the GED is a huge responsibility as the next step is some sort of training or college which you may not be ready for yet.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.