(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: I can't take having depression anymore - February 17th 2016, 10:52 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to us here at Teenhelp. I know reaching out can be hard but I think you've done great in doing so. Be proud of yourself for it. I for sure think it's the first step into recovery.

Honestly? Talk to someone if that's what you want to do. People can help and support you through this but only if they know what's going on for you. Speaking to someone like a friend, a family member a teacher can be really helpful but also speaking to someone like a doctor, counsellor, therapist etc can be beneficial too. Maybe have a good think of who you have options to talk to with and then decide how to talk to them. Whether you sit them down and tell them, book an appointment with someone, write to someone to let them know what's going on etc. Just remember that people care about you and your life and want to help you to start to feel better and want to support you through all of this. But you have to be totally honest with them in order for the, to do so.and remember that we're always here for you to talk too as well. We're not going any where so feel free to come and chat with us whenever you need too and also if you feel you're at risk, can you call a crisis team, a helpline or emergency services for urgent help? Just a quick thought. If you feel you're going to seriously hurt yourself in anyway, give it a good think first. Stop and pause.

I k ow this is hard and it feels like it's never going to go away, but nothing lasts forever and neither will this so as hard as it is, I want to encourage you to keep on fighting through because you seem like a lovely person and you deserve a life, a future and you deserve to experience it. I want to see you live your life to your fullest and to enjoy it and it can get better than this. Life can get better. It hasn't always been this way has it? So why would it stay this won't? It won't but it's going to take time, support and hard work for you to get through this but you can do it and we're rooting for you all the way.

Have you thought about writing a list of reasons to live? I don't at all expect you to go and sit down and write the list all at once but maybe it's some thing you can do over time? Then maybe you could turn it into a poster and stick it on your wall so that when you feel really low and or suicidal you can go to it and take a look at it. I know it's helped me in the past.

Just remember you're a hell of a strong person and you can do this. We're here for you so don't suffer in silence. You're never alone.

Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018