Thread: Triggering: Complaint of the day
View Single Post
  (#10072 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20

Re: Complaint of the day - February 22nd 2016, 11:11 PM

No one in my family ever read the books. Not my parents, not my aunt, who saw me post about it on Facebook all the time, not my grandfather, who BOUGHT the book, and not my sister, who's a writer herself. No one in my family. My BEST FRIEND never even read it. The biggest champion I had for my writing is on the other side of the world. I've made it clear to everyone that I quit, and no one in my family has anything to say. Not my dad, not my sister, not my aunt - just my insufferable mother who wants to try to tell me, "Oh, just give it time. Don't delete anything. Just keep at it." Bitch, it's gone. It's been deleted. And who are you to tell me what to do in a way that says you don't actually care? You're so nonchalant. "Oh, just do this." You don't give a shit now and you never did.
And not one person, besides the one person on the other side of the world, has had anything to say. No one. So this was a good decision, I guess, because hardly anyone supported me in the fucking first place.