View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I don't want to move again how can I convince my parents - March 30th 2016, 03:45 AM

Starting a new school is tough but I think things will feel a little more manageable once you begin learning your way around the school. Try to remember that your teachers and other school staff members are on your side in this. It might help to get to know them, or maybe visit your school guidance counselor to see if he or she has any recommendations for settling in.

As for making friends, maybe you can keep an eye out for extracurricular or any other after school clubs that interest you so you can meet people with similar interests. I know some schools allow you to volunteer during school and after hours, so that might be something to look into as well.

You can try focusing on your breathing before you talk to people. And you can start small, too. You can use small words and phrases when people ask you questions and as you get more comfortable, you can talk a little more and kind of work your way up.

It might help if you brought a small comfort item to school, like a favorite bracelet or a favorite jacket to make you feel safer. It's like having a little piece of home with you and that can be comforting when you're not used to a new place.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers