Thread: Triggering (SH): Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Siobhan

Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10

Re: Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!? - April 9th 2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
I never experienced something like this, but I think that what you should do is attempt to deal with it in other ways... Perhaps you could try to rant to other sources like maybe an external counselor, or some sort of person who will understand you better. I do understand how it feels like to deal with trauma, though.. and it's really horrible.

But the fact remains that this trauma or whatever caused it... is kinda already in the past. The sooner you let go of it and attempt to move on, the better. I'm sorry I that I can't answer your question, but I can promise you that I'll be here if you want someone to rant to or talk to about.

Perhaps you could talk to your pastoral care manager and let him know that there's a lot of pressure on you, and that you don't want your parents to know too much at the moment. In return, promise him that you'll be safe.

Hoping for more moments that will make you smile and be happy.
Thanks for replying so quickly!

I'm on the waiting list for counselling at school and rant to the friend who told the teacher and the teacher herself (seeing as I trust her completely and she is kind of like a second mother to me). I wish you all the best in recovering from your own trauma - you can PM me whenever you need me.

I keep telling myself that it's all in the past and even revisited where it happened - which triggered a flashback and the self harm in the first place. I've been trying to move on, but I feel like a failure and punish myself when I can't. Thanks for the support - I'll do the same for you

The pastoral woman has said she has to tell my parents because I'm under 16. I did promise her I wouldn't do it again but she 'didn't want to put that kind of pressure on me'. More like she doesn't trust me.

Thanks for everything!