Thread: Triggering (SH): Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!?
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!? - April 9th 2016, 12:02 PM

Hey

I'm sorry you are going through all this at the moment. I hope we can help in some way.

My friend once went to my math teacher in tears about me because of suicidal thoughts and the self harming. I was pretty terrified so I can certainly relate to that. Like you, they contacted the pastoral support officer and held a meeting at school with two teachers, the school counselor and my mum. So she found out, everything.

Mum finding out was hard because she also had her own issues and had self harmed before. But even though at first my parents finding out was pretty hard and scary and things were a bit awkward, its definitely helped my mum to support me. Not so much my dad although he tries. But having my mums support has been wonderful at times, annoying at others but I am thankful for her and we're closer than ever.

I know this is all scary but maybe it will help to have some help put in place; that doesn't mean you have to stop self harming now, but it means you might have someone to talk to about all of this which could be really beneficial for you. Scary but helpful.

If you need anything, feel free to message me.

Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018