Thread: Guilt anxiety
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
eckky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alec

Points: 7,573, Level: 12 Points: 7,573, Level: 12 Points: 7,573, Level: 12

Guilt anxiety - April 10th 2016, 01:00 PM

I am moving to Canada with my son and partner in November to stay for a minimum of 3 years (if my visa application is successful) and am looking forward to it as I've always wanted to live there. But ever since I have told my parents they have been so judgmental and guilt trip me any opportunity they get they say things like "you'll be abandoning a big family" or "we'll never get to see you or the baby again"even after me telling them we will be through to visit each year and that they can also make a trip through to stay for a few weeks but that isn't enough for her I guess. She can let me go and it's pissing me off I sit in bed with anxiety being double because of it and it's actually making me second guess "do I stay and leave my kid because of her or say fuck it and leave her to be with my kid?" I know the obvious answer is my kid but with this anxiety its pushing me back. My dad abandoned me at birth so I know what it's like and I don't want to do the same I just can't take this anxiety I'm trying to be firm with my mum and tell her I'm going back for 3 years at least then we'll decide ( about 95% chance I'll stay in Canada but I'm not telling her that) I hate hurting her but I need to get on with my life does anyone have any idea on what I can do?

Last edited by Ennui.; April 10th 2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Moving to the more appropriate forum. :)